This is the spot where I'm supposed to write something about myself. Here goes...
I'm originally from Northern West Virginia and started working in radio when I was in high school. I took a hiatus from the airwaves in the 90's to join the US Army Infantry. I was stationed in Hawaii (25th ID) and in Washington, D.c. (3rd Inf Reg-Old Guard).
When I got out of the Army, I did some work in TV, and then landed back on the air at Eagle 107.5. After spending 10 plus years there, I decided it was time to head south, and here I am...livin' the dream in South Florida on 98.7 The Gater!
Favorite Sport (to participate in): Surfing
Favorite Sport (to watch): Football
Favorite Football Team: Pittsburgh Steelers (you're most likely to find me at Rooney's in Jupiter on game day)
Rides A: 2008 Harley Davidson Street Glide
Surfs A: 8' HIC (nice cross between a longboard and shortboard)
Favorite TV Shows: 24, Walking Dead, Community, The Office, Touch, House, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, American Greed, Hawaii Five-0 (the new version)
Favorite Music: Kid Rock, Skynyrd, AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Godsmack, Sublime, Bob Marley (just to name a few)
Craziest Thing I've Ever Done: It's a toss up between jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, surfing at Corners when Hurricane Irene passed by South Florida in 2011, or riding my motorcycle on I-95!
Real Estate blog at Movoto.com recently published a list of "The 10 Most Redneck Cities in America," and people that live in some of these cities ain't to pleased with that there list.
The formula they used to come up with this list is actually pretty detailed, and it seems like a lot of thought went into it. Click here for details.
The big surprise...neither West Virginia or Kentucky have a city that made the list! Being from WV, I'm guessing there are actually some people that are not very happy about being left out!
Here's the list and my thoughts on each city:
1. Atlanta, GA (aka the most unhappy with the list)
2. Kansas City, MO (also known for their great BBQ)
3. Oklahoma City, OK (been there once - it was hot and flat)
4. Nashville, TN (I'll give 'em this one)
5. Tulsa, OK (I think there's a country song about this one)
6. Fort Worth, TX (got drunk there a few times, seems like a nice place, and I think there's a country song about this one, too)
7. Arlington, TX (never been there, can't comment)
8. Sacramento, CA (there's Rednecks in California?)
9. Cleveland, OH (I'm a Steelers fan, so this just amuses me)
10. Mesa, AZ (never been there either)
Read more here.
In honor of this list, I had to dig this one up. "Enjoy Insane Chainsaw Hedge Trimmer!" Merica!